Chicken and Vegetables in a Fajita Spice Mix
Add a little taste of Mexico and spice up your next chicken dinner with this tasty recipe. It can either be served on its own as a main or get the whole family involved and serve it up as a fajita filling using a wrap of choice and your favourite toppings. Quick and easy to prepare, this dish is perfect for those that are time poor.
Cooking Time: 10-15mins
- 500g chicken breast or thigh, cut in thin strips
- 2 Bell peppers
- 2 Onions sliced
- 200g Mushrooms
- 4 Garlic cloves crushed
- 4 tbsp cooking coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 table spoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Optional: (some ingredients listed not paleo)
- Lettuce to serve (Paleo) or use sprouted grain fajita wraps
- Toppings: diced tomatoes, avocado, salsa, guacamole, sour cream
- In a wok or large pan heat the coconut oil and then brown the chicken.
- Add the bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic and mix well in pan. Cook for 1-2mins.
- Add the spice mix and mix well.
- Cook for 6-8mins or until cooked or until chicken is cooked to your liking.
- Serve either in a bowl by itself (as in photo) or as a fajitas wrapped in lettuce leaves or wraps and topped with your favourite toppings.
2016 09 13