If you love steak but have never had a Chimichurri sauce then you need to do yourself a favour and try this recipe. Since trying this about 6 months ago it now sits at the top of my list as my favourite go to steak recipe. Amazing!!
Compliments of Eileen from PaleoSimplified.com
Cooking Time: 10mins
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar •1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. red pepper flakes
For the Steak:
- 2 boneless rib-eye steaks
- 1 TB balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Blend all ingredients in a food processer or blender until smooth.
- Let steaks sit out for about 30 minutes to bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and just enough olive oil to coat.
- Heat a grill-pan over medium heat.
- Add the steaks to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, then flip the steaks and cook an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Avoid moving the steaks around in the pan while cooking.
- Remove from the pan, and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Slice the meat in thin strips and drizzle with the chimichurri sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
2016 07 20