CrossFit 224 is part of Vault Performance. We are a new CrossFit affiliate located in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD. The name 224 comes from its address at 224 Queen St and the training centre/box is located in the old ANZ bank vaults.
What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program that builds strength and increases endurance while working on your weaknesses using functional movements combined into high intensity, varied workouts. CrossFit eliminates routine and challenges participants each and every session to strive to be the best they can be. It’s designed for universal scalability, making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience and conditioning who is looking to become leaner, stronger, faster, more fit and confident. CrossFit is great for developing a broad base of fitness. Rather than working muscles in isolation, CrossFit exercises involve the entire body, a method that gets balanced results much quicker than traditional programs. CrossFit uses Olympic lifting progressions, basic gymnastic skills and high intensity cardio combined with many other movements, beneficial in day-to-day life. Whether you want to lose weight, increase your functional strength and fitness, training as an elite athlete, in the armed forces, a housewife or a grandparent, CrossFit is for you and will benefit anyone ready to accept the challenge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can do CrossFit?
Anyone can do CrossFit. CrossFit workouts have been designed for marines and high school kids, Iron-men and couch potatoes, grandmothers and grand masters. The CrossFit approach challenges you at your current level of fitness and progresses you to achieve a greater level of conditioning. The only limitation is what you put on yourself.
I don’t have time!
This is the most common statement/excuse, with our busy daily schedules and obligations of career and family. There are literally “No more excuses”. The majority of CrossFit workouts or WOD’s (workout of the day) last no longer then 30mins, that’s including the warm up and stretch. The high intensity that CrossFit is based around is what makes it differ from the traditional hour long sessions in the gym. Consistent, challenging, short, intense, varied training is the key to optimizing your peak fitness.
Will I get big and bulky like a body builder?
No, unlike bodybuilders, who train in a more isolated, specific way, we train using functional movements, movements that your body was designed to do. CrossFit is the most superior way to build strength, burn fat, and increase cardio capacity.
Will it be hard?
Every workout is designed to be intense and challenging but is totally scalable to your own personal ability. This is how CrossFit gets results.Short, intense, varied workouts.
What will I be doing?
Each session will contain:
- Extended warm up.
- Practice round focusing on skills and technique.
- Main WOD (Workout Of the Day)
- Cool down and stretch.
What makes CrossFit different from a regular gym program?
- With CrossFit, every session, group or individual, will have a qualified trainer with you. Not just there for motivation but to guide and coach you through each and every exercise throughout your training session. Progressing through movements and skills as well as nutritional guidance.
- Each day a WOD (Workout Of the Day) is created using a group of exercises that change dramatically day-to-day creating a constantly varied program. With this variety you will never get bored or stale as you would in a regular gym program.
- The CrossFit methods are designed and based on increasing functional movements and fitness, which will help in everyday life. Rather than spending your valuable time in the gym concentrating on isolated exercises assisted by machines, you can be in and out within 30mins working at a much higher intensity and gaining even greater result.
- CrossFit feels more like a community than a gym. The staff and members will be sweating, grunting and achieving their goals right there with you. There to challenge you, there to motivate you and there to help you every step of the way, pushing each other to greater limits than you thought possible.
- The Workouts are always recorded and measured, by time or load (weight used). Increasing the intensity and challenge for you to beat your own previous score or that of your friends, boss, colleague or even your partner, whatever drives you, and trust us it will!!!