Pumpkin and Pine Nut Salad
The perfect salad to have with any meal. This is currently making its way into my meal plan weekly as its pretty simple to make and it tastes absolutely amazing! Give it a go you won’t be disappointed.
Cooking Time: 35mins
- 600g butternut pumpkin (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 100g pine nuts (toasted)
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Place the pumpkin in a large bowl and coat with 2 tsp honey and oil making sure to cover thoroughly.
- Place the pumpkin evenly on the tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 25mins.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with the sesame seeds.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the seeds are lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and allow the pumpkin time to cool to your liking.
- Combine the lemon juice, 1tsp honey, extra virgin olive oil and the mustard bowl or shaker and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place the pumpkin, spinach and pine nuts in a large salad bowl and top with dressing.
- Toss the salad gently to mix ingredients and serve.
2016 08 17