Mexican Hash Egg Bake
I love this spicy breakfast option thanks to PaleoOMG. The flavours are amazing and it really warms up the insides on a cold Winters morning. Quick and simple to prepare and one I am sure you will like if you don’t mind a little bit of spice.
Cooking Time: 10mins
Prep Time: 8mins
- 400-500g chorizo
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs (make 3 eggs per serving. Save half the hash for following day.)
- Preheat your oven to 350f/175c degrees.
- Heat up a large skillet or cast iron skillet under medium heat. Add your fat and minced garlic. When the garlic becomes fragrant, toss in your onions, sweet potatoes and chorizo to begin to cook down.
- Use a wooden spoon or whatever you have on hand to break up the chorizo and mix around to incorporate everything. Cover to help steam the sweet potatoes.
- Let cook for about 6-8 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Add your tomatoes and spices and mix together.
- If you are not using a cast iron skillet, pour your hash into a baking dish. Use a spoon to press into the hash where you want your eggs to go.
- Crack your eggs directly on top of hash.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes depending how runny you want your eggs. Just press on the egg yolk with your finger to see how done it is!
(Recipe by PaleOMG – http://paleomg.com)
2016 07 05